Friday, January 21, 2011

Turkey meatloaf

Page 74 of Recipe book

I found some turkey mince at the shop so I thought I would have a go at this recipe for a Saturday lunch. The recipe calls for turkey breast which you mince , but this was an Ingham product with 9% fat and it had the Heart foundation tick...







I put 500 g turkey mince, 1 large onion (finely chopped) and a rounded teaspoon each of ground cumin, dried basil, mixed herbs, paprika and ginger in a bowl with a light shake of lite salt, black pepper, 6 eggs and 2 tablespoons White wings cornflour (maize, not wheat). I then used the dough hook on my hand held mixer and combined the mixture.

Do you think I could find my loaf tin? No way! I had three pyrex mini loaf tubs and used those instead. A quick grind of pepper to top and popped it into the 180C oven for 25 min. The meat looked cooked, but the egg was still runny on the side, so back in for another 10 mins and the egg was solid and browning. Nice. I let it cool for about 30 min before serving.









(You can see the spill on the left from the first check at 25 min, it was still very runny and needed an extra 10 mins).

We had it with a basil-rich garden salad dressed with Vegetable Boullon Vinaigrette (page 160 of diet book, see next entry) which worked well together.






Peter really liked it and gave it a 10/10, but he was very hungry at the time. Dan thought it a bit boring and gave it a 4.6/10. I thought it was good and easy to make with not too many dishes, so an 8.5 from me.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment