Monday, January 24, 2011

Roast beef

Page 167 of Dukan Diet book.

I have made some bad roasts in my time, so I have put off trying this recipe until yesterday. I had picked up a nice looking piece of sirlon beef in the market and bought a meat thermometer to give it a go.

I followed the directions reasonably closely.

I used a roasting pan with a rack and my inside oven.
First I seared the meat for 15 min at 240c. I then opened the oven door until the heat stabilised at 160c and cooked it until temp inside beef is 49c (about an hour). Then I cooked it for further 35 mins before taking it out of the oven to rest for 15 mins before slicing (forgot to season before slicing).




It worked!
I served it with some horeseradish (a teaspoon Newmans red label horseradish with a desertspoon of natural yoghurt) and a salad.
Peter went for seconds, but I didn't ask for a score as dinner was late alredy and he was very humgry, Dan gave it an 8.3/10.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment