Saturday, January 29, 2011

Iced lemon mousse

We are having a bit of a hot spell in Adelaide (40s) so I wanted to tryout one of the frozen desserts, so this is Iced lemon mousse

Page 158 of Recipe Book

I separated 4 eggs, discarded the yolks and beat the whites until still. In another bowl I mixed 500g of Philadelphia extra light (2 and a bit tubs), and 250 ml of lemon juice and the zest of one lemon. It was very sour, so I added 2 dessertspoons of Natvia as well (not in the recipe) and then folded in the egg whites. This was transferred to a flan dish and put in the freezer until set.

I dished spoonfuls out, gelati style into wine glasses (I really must invest in some parfait glasses).




I gave this one a 5/10. It was a very strong lemon flavour but it was cool and refreshing for a summer dessert or snack. Peter and Dan chose not to eat it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, I just stumbled across you when looking for diet yoghurts oddly enough lol. I have been wondering about this Dukan diet for some time and I am really interested in giving it a serious go now, your photos and plans make it sound a whole lot easier, Thankyou and please keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you like the blog.
    It is a good, fast diet and a year after the weight loss, I have still kept the weight off. Lots of dessert recipes helped to keep me interested....

    ReplyDelete